Live-in Caregiver

Live-in caregivers provide child care, senior support care, or care of the disabled in private households.

Once live-in caregivers complete a two-year work contract with a Canadian employer, they can apply for permanent residency in Canada.

The requirements to be a live-in caregiver are:

  • have completed six months of full-time training in a classroom setting or have completed one year of full-time paid employment (including at least six months of continuous employment with one employer) within the three years as a live-in caregiver immediately before a live-in caregiver submits an application for a work permit

  • applied for a work permit as a live-in caregiver before entering Canada

  • have successfully completed the equivalent of secondary/high school in Canada (12 years of full-time equivalent education)

  • have the ability to speak, read, and listen to English or French at a level sufficient to communicate effectively

  • have an employment contract with a future employer


We specialize in the following areas of immigration and education and settlement in Canada